- You will examine the overall design and architecture of the Internet.
- You will explore the role of servers, routers, gateways, and clients.
- You will examine the domain name system and its role in network routing.
- You will examine a number of standard network protocols, including IP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, HTTP, and FTP.
- You will investigate the series of components and events that are involved in the transmission of an email or SMS text over the network.
World Wide Web
- You will analyze the impact of hyperlinked documents on how individuals find, acquire, and learn new information.
- You will analyze the legal, social, and commercial impact that the World Wide Web has had on society.