Option II: Electronic Keyboard
This option asks you to program a virtual keyboard! The code to the right gives you a start, but you must add additional functionality, perhaps by adding scripts for other keys on the computer keyboard, so that your electric keyboard can change:
- Tempo, and/or
- Drum loop/patterns.
You might want to print or draw a piano keyboard or a computer keyboard to keep track of how you have mapped keys to notes. We have provided a few images below that you can use (or print) to work with.
In this assignment, you will create virtual keyboard using Scratch. Your original program should:
- simulate a virtual electronic keyboard that plays notes with computer keyboard presses,
- use loops to add functionality (e.g., for drum patterns, tempo changes),
- use variables appropriately and as necessary,
- be usable, efficient, and effective, and
- include documentation (describe what it does) in the Instructions pane. Be sure to describe how your program is original.
When you are satisfied with your work, submit a link to your program or the program itself. Your work will be reviewed by a peer, and in turn, you will review one of your peers’ projects. You should base your evaluation on the assignment rubric.