You will analyze the tradeoff of utility and confidence in descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive data analysis.
You will investigate traditional statistical hypothesis testing and exploratory data analysis.
- You will investigate the use of data mining in the discovery of patterns in large data sets.
- You will apply association rule mining to discover knowledge in data sets.
- You will articulate the effects of association rule mining on business and education.
- You will visually perform cluster analysis, modeling the dynamics of groups.
- You will visually perform anomaly/outlier/change detection and discuss the impact on potential inferences drawn from the data.
- You will synthesize a prediction through linear regression over known data.
Classification and Summarization
- You will apply a classification protocol to a dataset and compare results with pre-defined categories.
- You will evaluate the effects of automated summarization on the utility and validity of inference.