- You will explore the purposes of various processing tasks, including collection, knowledge extraction, and data storage.
- You will identify multiple techniques for data collection, both on and off of the Internet.
- You will analyze the characteristics of structured and unstructured data.
- You will extract structured information from unstructured data.
- You will examine methods of extracting information from online sources, including structured and unstructured search engines, screen scrapers, and spiders.
- You will explore the basic features and functionality of modern relational databases.
- You will debate the implications of large-scale data storage and data persistence on privacy and utility, including the costs associated with each.