- You will examine how numerical values are represented using different bases, including decimal and binary.
- You will explore methods of converting values from decimal to binary and binary to decimal.
- You will explore methods of counting in binary.
- You will examine the exponential relationship between the number of digits and their range of representable values.
ASCII vs. Unicode
- You will examine how alphanumeric characters and symbols may be represented using ASCII and Unicode character mappings.
- You will analyze the differences in state space between ASCII and Unicode standards.